Friday 17 January 2014

Pitch
I am aiming my magazine at males aged between 15-23 that have an interest in indie music and a hipster fashion sense such as wearing clothes from shops like Wellgosh and Urban Industry. My magazine will have the formal but casual feel of an NME or Q magazine but also be more adventurous to alternative genres like the Rolling Stones magazine. However I might also incorporate a feel of Clash magazine too by using ideas from their basic and simple but effective display of a magazine. I am targeting the indie genre market as I feel there isn't a consistently indie magazine out there for them to get hold of and read as I feel it is a niche market this makes it perfect to release my magazine. I am aiming this magazine at people through featuring bands they like such as Peace and Crystal Fighters and through displaying fashion that these sorts of hipsters will be interested in.

25 Words:
Male and female
15-23
Students
Different
Unique
Alternative
Gap in Growing Market
Artists/Bands
Fashion
Wellgosh
NME meets Clash magazine
Simple Style
Visionary
Creative
£4.99

5 comments:

  1. Matt. There are tweaks and some big changes needed to move this blog towards band 4.

    Big tweaks. Get the contents page for a school magazine on here. Get the other prelim work we did onto your blog. Add the three colour circles to you analysis so we can see you can identify colour palettes

    tweaks. Respond to all my comments on your posts. add more images showing inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In order to ensure your pitch is effective you should reduce the word count to the maximum of 25. However you clearly state which magazines you aspire yours to be like, and the image you wish to create with your artist, which will create an audience in itself, I find this a creative way of going about this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can clearly see what magazines have inspired you, the fashion you have chosen and the genre that the magazine would consist of and I could have an idea of what your magazine would look like. I would pay £3.00 for your magazine. To improve I would state how the contents of the magazine would look and be set out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a very clear innovative idea for your magazine genre , it is clear you have thought through who you are aiming your magazine at and what it will contain . If i was to buy your magazine i would pay £3.50 . To improve i recommend you try to gain a wider audience by including well known alternative bands and focusing on the fashion .

    ReplyDelete